Saturday, January 3, 2009

Joy to The World..

I`ve been sitting with the laptop religiously everyday for hours without the faintest notion of what I should post. Today however, a realization dawned on me.There seems to me, an unwritten rule in a lot of blogs that in order to create a post, one must either backpack Europe, give birth, join the order of holy matrimony or embark on a holidayish adventure. I now find myself in an aforementioned category, and thus another post!
This being the first post in yet another brand new year, I guess it should be all bright and hopeful. So I`ll try, even though I remember putting a comment on OJ`s blog about how much more scarier the future(read: new year) seems. And that, it is the only tangible difference I can recognize from last year! And guess what`s scarier? That its all true!!
Last year, I remember feeling happy. I had managed to quit The Indian Army and was home with The G! I remember thinking that this is all I want. And I was happy.This year I am home with The G. And yet, there`s this niggling itch somewhere deep within. Maybe that with each passing year, our definitions for happiness change. Or that small things in life cease to be of meaning anymore. Or that the more we get, the more we want.
I was home in time for Christmas. The G and I spent a warm December evening decorating our Tree, putting up red stockings and glass fairies with much love and laughter, amidst bites of juicy oranges(!!) and freshly baked garlic bread! And then drove 250 miles in a snow storm the next morning, to spend a warm white Christmas together in a log cabin by the North Shore. Just the two of us. The days have simply flown past since then, in a flurry of activities. Frantic raids of showrooms to find The Perfect recliner for our family room, until we did. Endless hours at our favourite coffee shop, discussing Life`s plans. Home cooked dinners and Netflix movies over Strawberry IceCream. What more can a girl want?
Apparantly more!
I spent the first day of the new year sulking. I wouldn’t have allowed that to bother me. Because that was what my new year resolution was all about! Nope, not that I shall not sulk. But that I shall not let the sulking bother me anymore.The wise soul in me has long made peace with the fact that sulking is an inherent part of my being. I sulk, therefore I am.
So anyway, coming back to the original point I was trying to make, that having had an extraordinary adventure of sorts this Christmas(And more for lack of better ideas!), I feel I should do a post. Let me not ruin it by words. Let me just post some pics for you to enjoy!(This one`s for you OJ)..p.s - The pics are in the post below.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And joy to you! Thank you for the pictures!

Renu said...

I love the photos..completely cover by snow, everything looks so pretty:)

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a lovely christmas!
Glad to know that I'm not the only one suffering from perpetual dissatisfaction.
Really glad to have you back :)
Oh also, you don't need special reasons to blog. Look at me :P

Jira said...

The tree looked lovely Piper...
BTW, for you to write something good, you don't have to do any of the things u mentioned!

Sulking or otherwise, Happy New Year to you!