Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Shining Bright... and brighter.. :)

Ok People, I`m back. Not only have I managed to wean in(and how!). The guy with the sexy smile is back at the coffee shop. About time, I should think.
For weeks now, I havent been able to sit quietly, harness my thoughts and put them into words. I guess this post was long overdue. So here goes..
Firstly a sincere note of thanks. To The G for putting up with my myriad tantrums, for blog buddies who`ve become friends and friends who`ve become family. You all know who you are :)
Secondly, an apology for the late acknowledgement. But needless to say, its been the high point in my life - all the awards that have been been so lovingly bestowed on me. Whether I deserve all the acclaim or not is a major food for thought (which I will happily never dwell upon!). So allow me to graciously accept all the awards with open arms. No acceptance speech ready. But lots of hugs in tow.
* Piper takes a bow, walks around the stage waving and throwing kisses in the air(Hollywood style, no less!) *

I`m taking the liberty of bending a few rules here(so what`s new!) and not doing a proper post on the Brilliant Weblog Award. I`ve already done one before. But my heart-felt thanks to D, NC, Roop, Sunshine and Renu who all thought me worthy of the honour. Hugs.
I will of course continue to flaunt them on my blog.

The Best Friends Forever Gold Card is one of the best gifts I`ve ever received. Thank You People! You know, many a times on lonely afternoons, when nothing and everything seems to matter, I would often long for a friend I can share stuff with. Nothing special. Just a hug here. And a warm word there.
I dont anymore..
Its strange how nameless, faceless people can gel in so well. An easy camaraderie. A sought-for catharsis. A warm hand-clasp across oceans.
I hope that some day I shall get to meet all of you. Until then, Here`s to Us! :)

I have already received the BBF Gold card from people I would want to gift it to. But here`s my list all the same :

* Mystic Margarita
* Nostalgic Chica
* D
* Raising T
* Mira`s Mom
* Suki
* Roop
* Sunshine Gal
* Renu
* Apple Bee
* Jira

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwwww aa jaao gale lag jaao. :)))))))

Renu said...

Thank u so much! i am really thrilled:)

Sukhaloka said...

Awww... thanks!
Damn, I really should do my awards post today.

Reflections said...

Congrats:-)!!!!!!

Jira said...

Hear Hear!!
Thanks soooo much piper...This is really touching...
Hugs! And love to meet u some day too :):)..
You made my day gal....

Mystic Margarita said...

Yay!! And she's back! Wekkome, wekkome!
Came to tell you you are tagged - and mucho thanks for the award! You made me very happy!:)

my space said...

congrats for all the awards...how was the coffee???

surbhi said...

Thanks a lot! Hugs to you too :)
Glad that the guy with the sexy smile is back at the coffee shop :D

Apple Bee said...

Awwww Piper...Thanks!

You posted this on 16th kya? I read blogs DAILY (or every other day at the most), how come I haven't caught this post until now?

Post more Piper...don't become like me!

Sunshine said...

aww thanks piper! :)

RaisingT said...

thanks Piper.. will put it up on my blog soon..

D said...

Where are you?!