Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Honest Confessions

As I sit here writing, a thousand rambling thoughts nestled in the aroma of freshly brewed coffee,tumble against each other in the mind. Like marbles in a game of rolley hole. And it feels like a homecoming. Truly.
I know I`ve been very tardy in taking up this tag. Infact a little comatose too,of late. But better late than never, I suppose.
Jira, Mystic Margarita, Nisha and My Space had tagged me to do this post a zillion years ago. Thank you People.

The rules for the tag are: #1 People who have been tagged,must write their answers on the blog and replace any question they dislike by a new question. #2 Tag 6 people to do the quiz.

Ok so here goes:

1.If your lover betrayed you, what will your reaction be?
Deep, deep hurt. Followed by alienation with a vengeance.

2. If you could have a dream come true, what would it be?
Hmm lets see.. Off hand I cant really seem to think of any.

* Its been 15 minutes I`ve been staring at the screen, trying to think of one dream that I want fulfilled. Cant seem to think of any! Strange! Have I stopped dreaming then? *

3. Who`s butt would you like to kick?
The cigarrette`s! And trust me, I have been trying..

4. What would you do with a billion dollars?
* Piper grins devilishly*
Lets see... buy a mansion in Sunset Boulevard and rent it out. A summer get-away log cabin by Lake Superior. A world cruise. And save up the rest to splurge on clothes, books and dvds. Oh and also give some amount to Mom. I guess I dont know what to do with a billion dollars. Gimme a few thousand and I`ll tell you exactly what I`ll do :-))

5. Will you fall in love with your best friend?
I do. Everyday.

6. Which is more blessed : loving someone or being loved by someone?
Being loved by someone. Although it took a while to get used to being loved.

7. If the person you secretly love is engaged, what will you do?
10 years back I would`ve sulked and tried to make life miserable for 'the other woman'. I actually did! :)
But if you ask the Piper of today,assuming for a moment she`s single, I guess I`d simply let it pass. Have I started growing old already?

8. If you could root for one social cause, what would it be?
Education for the girl child in India. Its of vital importance that a girl be able to support herself when she grows up, esp in a bad, bad world.

9. What takes you down the fastest?
Hypocrisy and back-biting. It affects me in volcanic proportions.

10. Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
If I give it a sincere thought, here`s what I would like to see myself as, in 10 years : a successful counselling psychologist and a terrific mom to a beautiful lil girl. Crazily in love, like I am today.
But here`s what I think I`ll see : a successful hospital administrator and still crazily in love. That`s good too, right? :)

11. What`s your biggest fear?
Losing my loved ones.

12. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?
I think all of them have excellent writing skills and are very honest in the way they document their lives on the web. I wish I had the guts and the freedom to. And Mystic of course has grown to be my confidante. One among the very few that I have.

13.Would you rather be single and rich or married and poor?
Married for sure. Whether poor or rich is a food for thought, I shall dwell upon when I have more time :)

14. What`s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Look across at the G.

15. If you fall in love with two people at the same time, who will you pick?
Well, 10 years ago in the second year of Med School(when everyone was 'falling in love' with everyone else and it was considered kewl!), I had picked the guy with a better sense of humour. Now as the teeth fall out and the hair turns grey and twilight approaches with the speed of a jet in flight, I realize I cant fall in love with multiple people at a time. Three years through and The G`s still my guy. And that`s how it shall remain I suppose.

16. Would you give all in a relationship?
Nope, I dont. I always take the bigger share of the dessert.
On a serious note, what a weird question! Of course I would. I do. That`s the only way I know. Or none at all.

17. Would you forgive and forget someone, no matter how horrid a thing he may have done?
Nope. Never have. Never will. Never can. That`s understandable right? I`m as vengeful as they come. But only if you rub me off the wrong way. Very wrong way. Very, very wrong way that is. You get it I`m sure :)

18. Do you prefer being single or in a relationship?
In the relationship that I am.

19. If you were given a chance to trade places with a celebrity just for a day, who`s shoes would you rather be in? ( My own question)

Priyanka Todi.
I still wonder why she changed gears. I want to know exactly what she thinks and feels. And just how she continues to live on..

20. List of people I tag :
As i surf through the blogs I regularly read, I see almost all have already done this tag. So anybody who has not, feel free to take it on!

Edited to add : This friend of mine read the blog and called up right before dinner to remind me that I do have some special dreams of my own. To have a book published some day. A best seller of all times! :)
Thank you my friend. I`m flying high today because you`re there with me :)

11 comments:

Renu said...

Tagging is a good way of knowing ur blogger friends, now I can reinforce my earlier view that u r an affectionate soul ,who gives more importance to love, loyaly and people

Jira said...

Interesting answers...I see that we think alike in someways :) and thats grt to know!

Does this mean that the butterfly found its colours? I hope you are doing good....

And I seriously hope that ur dream comes true, because you are a terrific writer :)

Reflections said...

No.3 - Try harder:-P
No.17 - Wow..tht was honest.
And may ur dream to publish a book comes true sooooner than u think:-)).

nostalgic chica said...

You should definitely start writing your book - I have no doubts about it being a best seller :)

Mystic Margarita said...

Interesting answers, Piper! Follow your dream and go write that book! :)I'll be one of the first person to buy it!

Sukku said...

Very nice answers. Have a great day.

D said...

A lot of similar stuff, but that shouldn't come as a surprise to me anymore!

Question #2 about the dream bit, it's funny how we wish for a zillion things everyday but when someone actually asks us what we want, we go blank! That's the time I start thinking I have almost everything I want! I said almost.

Mira's mom said...

A big hi Piper! How are you doing? It was great reading your blog again after so............long! Believe me, missed reading you plus a few others......we are in process of shifting to Singapore - so have been terribly busy! Should be back on the dear www within next week or so, but maybe the posting will remain a bit sporadic as settling in will take some time. Hey, do you have an email id I can reach you - it is probably a bit unfair to hog up you comment spcace like this :-) And yes, it will be great to be the mom to a beautiful girl......my best wishes & take care! :-)

Anonymous said...

White Butterfly! This two letter word is so full of meaning! It is a beautiful word!!!I am sure you are full of radiant colors inside and out! Maybe your first book should be"WB". Quick! sunshine...patent this!

my space said...

piper..good to see u back..interesting answers...i agree to most..btw..life is beautiful and we have only one, so dream on and don`t pls get bogged down...this too shall pass as they say in Gita...

Just call me 'A' said...

hi

just browsing blogs while i suffer from insomnia :|, and this particular post has 'from the heart' written all over it. either you're a great fiction writer or a great writer. and i'd like to believe the latter.

:)