Monday, September 15, 2008

A Birthday Wish

Last night I had a dream. That I had managed to ensnare a royal eagle in flight, clip its wings and cage him for life. There he was, peering out of the cage in helpless anguish, nursing a broken wing now and then, longing to fly and dreaming of the day when he actually will. And I stood by,watching him silently suffer, endure, bear..
I woke up in fear. The fear was not because he would cease to endure. The fear was because he would cease to dream..
Happy Birthday, My Friend..
May you flourish.
May you always soar high like a royal eagle in flight.
May you be fully expressed.

I love you more than you`ll ever know.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I feel that love makes us weak, love makes us prone to wounds, love makes us blind. We cannot exist without love but love is what causes the most pain and the greatest Joy. What an irony!
Anon

Renu said...

For me Love means setting free, not binding some one, giving the loved one wings to fly and roots of unconditional support.
As Khalil zibran said--let there be space in ur love.

Balvinder Balli said...

You proved the old saying right that "If you love something , just set it free"

I have also written some thing on the same subject in my blog post "The Caged Love"

Came upone your blog through one of my fellow bloggers.

Interesting blog.

Keep it up

Mystic Margarita said...

Beautiful, Piper. Yes love can be cloying to the point of restrictive at times, but true love is something that binds while setting the loved one free to achieve one's full potential. Happy birthday, to your friend.

surbhi said...

my birthday is in june, but thanks anyway :D

Sunshine said...

thats very beautiful piper! :)

my space said...

You will kill the majestic bird and eventually your love by caging it. Eagles belong to the sky-let it soar, for only then will love reach new heights! Happy Birthday Eagle..

Renu said...

In Zibran's quote, there I made a sp.mistake, it should be spaces, sorry i am very impatient person, nevr chk it twice:)

Jira said...

I am glad it was just a dream...
-----------------------------------
for some reason i am not able to get ur post updates in my blogroll. Is there something else I need to do? Do u know?

D said...

But love does tie you down in invisible ties. But those ties are so much better than never having loved at all!

Nisha said...

hey, you've been tagged!

DeeplyDip said...

beautifully written. though i am kind of late - happy birthday to the eagle!