Friday, September 12, 2008

Cant think of a title :)

Have you ever felt your limbs slowly growing cold, your face on fire, a deafening buzz in the ears and the mind going numb? Sometimes with pain, sometimes with anger and sometimes when gory memories from the past which you thought were long buried, suddenly jump out of their graves and come snarling at you?
In another hour I`ll be meeting an old batchmate and his wife over dinner. They`re here in town for work and I couldnt refuse. This batchmate, lets call him D, was never really a pal. Infact I dont remember ever talking to him much. But his best pal was my best pal of sorts for a while. I cant seem to remember why I agreed to meet him. But I do remember that I just couldnt refuse. Its not really as bad as I`m making it sound. D`s a cool kind of a guy and I`m sure he`ll get along famously with The G. But there`s something gnawing away inside.
It was raining in the morning today. I stood by the window watching the puddle form underneathe the window. In a sloshy heap. And I thought to myself, "How like me! One sloshy heap. Stagnant. With no direction home."
The rain continued to beat against the window. As if by furiously pelting down on it, it could wash the glass clean. But that doesnt happen, does it? Like the cold memories from the past, nothing ever washes away. And even if it does, the stains always remain, dont they?

p.s - Wish me luck for tonight, friends :)

18 comments:

Reflections said...

So how did it go???
I bet it went off very well...its just the mind which hypes up stuff for no reason.

D said...

All the best Piper. And what exactly is gnawing at you?

my space said...

Hey Piper...our past sometimes comes back to haunt our present..but remember you have the present now..what is gone is gone...don`t let it ruin your today..and for God`s sake learn to say NO. It makes life easy..jus don`t worry ,take it in your stride... Cheers!!

Unknown said...

nice way of putn feelings into words..yes the stains of memories always remain, whatever we do to clean them ....

all the best :)

Jira said...

Hopefully it went well?
I can understand what you mean about the not so good memories from the past. Some are embarrassing, some painful, some that make my stomach turn uneasily. Whenever I get reminded of them, I feel as though the world had stopped spinning and everything is at standstill, but I always remember in those times, that ‘for the past and the lost, the wise have no lament’:)

Anonymous said...

I Have realized that its only when you are really true to yourself, you get rid of all misery around you. One important thing is to learn to say NO! It may sound rude, impolite, obnoxious, etc etc..but sometimes doing what society and others think is the norm is a sure way to misery! Life is too short ( Somebody had calculated that an average person has about 3000 weekends to live) and you should live them as you please! I have said numerous "yeses" and then have been miserable. Now I have learnt to say "NO" politely and am much more at peace and enjoy my time like I want. Life is too short, Sunshine..Too short!!!!
Anon

surbhi said...

sometimes it's better to confront your past rather than run away from it. hope the dinner went well..

Anonymous said...

Hey sunshine!
Hoe come my comment was not posted? Did you recieve it?
Anon

Sunshine said...

ohhh i hate it when the past catches up and haunts u!! but then there is nothing that can be done about it...
hope the dinner went well... :)

Piper .. said...

hey guys, thank you all for the wishes. The dinner went well. Very well indeed :) But I`m taking the advice all of you have given and am learning to say no forthwith,to avoid unnecessary anguish in future. Thanks a lot for caring about me folks :-))
Anon, i did get your comment. Didnt get time to post it until now. I look fwd to your comments, although I wish you`d leave a name :)

Renu said...

I know, everybody tells me- let go what happened in the past, but I always say Ican let it go if I never see the person, but meeting in person always brings back the past.
But as they say in AOL-unclutter ur life ur mind, so that there is space for new, fresh and good things and thoughts. I try to follow this:)

D said...

There's something for you at my blog.

my space said...

tagged u

Mira's mom said...

Hey hey hey, sorry was a bit busy....missed reading out before. Hope it went off well! And hey, whatever has happened, has happened....don't let that trouble you anymore....I'm sure you have tonnes to achieve in the future.....you just need to think of that. Take care :-)

Jira said...

I have tagged you :)

Anonymous said...

im glad u faced your fears and came out victorious! :)

Apple Bee said...

How was the dinner? Did D and The G get along famously? :-P

Mystic Margarita said...

Hey, I thought I had commented on this! Anyhoo, glad it went off well and you faced your fears and came up tops. Hugs.