Monday, August 25, 2008

True Colours...

I am peaceful today. Cool,calm and collected, as they say. I am Blue. The lovely refreshing blue of a calm ocean. People talk of 'feeling blue' and 'blue Monday'. But my blue is the sky making friends with the sun and cotton-puff clouds. The Blue of a robin`s egg. A Blueberry muffin.The Sapphire Blue eyes of a maiden princess. It is the colour of welcome water in a heat wave.

Red is inside me too. My red is not the angry,bleeding red. It is a happy colour, rising up inside me like a great ball of fire,exploding into the air and spurting forth small flames of laughter. The Red of a clown`s nose. The Red of the symbolic heart. The Red of the vermillion on a young Indian bride. The Red of a ripe strawberry. Red rubies and rust. The same red glow I see at sunset and at the wake of dawn. My Red is vivid. My Red is pure.

And then there is Green. Not the green monster of jealousy.But the green of Life and Love. Green grows in me like a tree, slowly bursting forth into a greeny mosaic of young leaves. Green is life when I watch winter branches become heavy with green foliage in Spring. The Green of a traffic light. The Green of a dollar bill. The Green city of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. The Emerald Green waters around a coral reef. My Green is fertile. My Green is rich.

Black is not dull ,dead and gloomy. My Black is elegant. My Black is feminine and chic. It is exquisite. It is classy. It can be shiny, glittering, stunning. My Black is not a reminder of storms. My Black is the sky at night - sparkling with stars and carrying the Moon on a silken thread. An evening dress studded with diamonds.

My Silver is a special colour of adventure and excitement. The stars at night. The moonbeams reflecting off the Silver sequins of a bold evening dress. A jet in flight,the Sun chasing it and making it shine. It is a dangerous,exciting silver of flashing swords and clashing 'en garde' cries.

And finally White. I save it for special days. White like the clouds on a clear day, a long dress and a veil. A white orchid bouquet. A white cake. A White wedding and Love. A White Christmas. And White oyster pearls. My White is always special. My White is always shared.




Inspired by an article in the Readers` Digest, read a couple of light years ago!

17 comments:

Mira's mom said...

May all these lovely colors be with you on each and every day of your life! Don't know why but I do feel like a 80 yr old woman coming to your blog - always leaving with best wishes....weird - isn't it? :-)

Piper .. said...

M`s Mom: ha ha! Nope, it isnt weird. Your comments are always very warm and encouraging! :) Thanks a lot for that.

Sukhaloka said...

mmm... this reads like a song. Beautiful!

Life Of A Domestic Diva said...

Lovely :-) Btw Karwa Chauth is on 18th Oct..

Renu said...

Beautiful !so much of postivity of the mind it shows and the purity of soul.

RaisingT said...

that was put very well.. loved reading it :)

my space said...

beautiful...optimistic ..I love the positivity running thru the post...

Jira said...

made me smile...
nicely written..

Piper .. said...

Suki: Thanks!

Sukanya: thanks for the info. Some sites say 17th. But 18th looks good, it being a saturday when the hubby shall stay home :)

Renu, Raising T, My Space, Jira : Thanks for the appreciation! Jira, welcome to my blog! :)

Apple Bee said...

WOW piper!

:-)

Nisha said...

sweet post there...

Anonymous said...

Very Colorful post! Loved it!
Anon

Mystic Margarita said...

Beautiful, lyrical post, Piper. Filled my mind with the color of happiness :)

D said...

Lovely post Piper, enjoyed reading it. Your colour palette shows the positive person that you are.

Piper .. said...

Apple Bee, Mystic,D:
thank you so much for your words of appreciation and support in all my posts :) Its very encouraging and feels great! :)

Nisha: thanks and welcome to my blog :)

Reflections said...

loved ur explanation of red...probably coz ur explantions match closely with mine;-P. Eons ago I had written something like this .....a post only on the color RED:-).
I'm not too fond of Black but ur explanation for Black is lovely, sooo visual & I cd associate myself with it.
On the whole every line brought visual images to the front of my eyes....Lovely!!!!!

Sunshine said...

Ohhh that is sooo beautiful!!! i could totally relate to your color descriptions of Red and Silver - coz thats exactly the way i look at them! :)