Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Aaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!

You know how there are times in people^s lives when they look at others in distress,click their tongues, roll their eyes in pity and say , ´All shall be fine´,while they smugly think that this could never happen to them?
Well, this is one such time in my life!
Just yesterday I was reading Suki^s post about some trouble that she had with her laptop and I sat back on the couch with a cup of coffee,passing smug, smart-ass comments on her space-
And Lo and Behold!
Today my Laptop crashed! I^m still in disbelief. Have been trying to start the darn thing since morning now. Any techies reading my blog? Help!! Cant believe this happened...

P:S Have been using the public computer here in the guest house. The rackety old keys are making an awful lot of noise, as I^m furiously typing away .
And exasperated students trying to study in the commonroom are staring at me with killer eyes. I glare back.
´My laptop just crashed´ I say, in an effort to draw some sympathy.
But the students have just about had it.
One comes up, pats my back by way of consolation and says, ´I^m sorry for you mate. ´
(pause)
´Still,´ he continues, `Just dont push it..`

I^m beating a hasty retreat! Any techies?? Pleeeeaaasseeee Help!!

2 comments:

Sukhaloka said...

Gawd, can't imagine my ancient desktop crashing. I'd be dead. And broke.
Give details. Can you boot at all? Can you boot from a windows bootable disk?
Does the comp detect the hard disk?

Piper .. said...

Suki Relaxxxxx!! :) It started working!! Just like that! :-)) Looks like the batteries were over charged or something. So it went into hibernation!! God! Didnt know things like tht cud happen! It scared the living daylights out of me! But I`m sooooooooo relieved now!! :) Thanks for your response though..