Saturday, July 12, 2008

Tales from New Jersey..

And there he came towards me, ruffled hair,stained tee,bloodshot eyes (from not sleeping,I guessed),empty bottle in hand and staggering. I sat on the couch,watching him totter towards me and I wondered if I should get up to help. But I sat stil,watching. He looked around, trying to make some sense of it all. Then suddenly he lunged foward. And in the attempt, fell flat on his face. I stood up, unsure of what to do and what he would do. And then, in the coolest way possible, he steadied his head,looked up and smiled at me. The warmest smile I`ve seen in years. The kinds that made his eyes shine long after the smile had left his face. Then he steadied himself on his feet and walked towards me, arms open wide, rickety steps and that smile intact. And I thought to myself, " This is why people have babies.."



Hello People,

Those of you who`ve read my earlier posts, know that right now I`m at my sister`s place in New Jersey. Its a family reunion, with my folks down from India. And I`m having the time of my life! :-))

Shall try and give some interesting updates on Lil Ishaan, as soon as I find some time. Till then, God Bless!

3 comments:

surbhi said...

I knew you were talking about your nephew! I'm just too familiar with unsteady steps, falling flat on the face, and the warmest smiles these days :)
Have fun, and post some pics of Ishaan..

Unknown said...

Hey listen I did not know u were talking about ur nephew,,,though i have seen the faltering steps 1000 watt smiles not once but twice around and hence have to commend you on your magic with words.Lovely.
U will hear from Chrysalis now was waiting for a new laptop.

Piper .. said...

NC: I shall post some pics soon, pbly after saturday`s bday bash :)

Chrysalis : thanks a ton. And yep, I`ve been waiting for your posts. Write soon.