Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Life is Beautiful..


Last night, while browsing through various blogs I happened to come across one that read 'A picture speaks a thousand words'. Maybe Maybe not.
Sometimes when I go through old family albums ,I see a lil girl of 3, scowling away like its going out of fashion, and I wonder what could have happened to make her scowl that way. In other pictures, there are those big sad eyes and a scared ,resistant smile of a 9 year old,staring into the camera. Or the impatient pointing of clenched fists of a gawky 15 year old.Or the weary eyes and drooping shoulders of a 20-something ,caught unawares. I cant for the life of me fathom the depth of the emotions that were playing in the mind.The pictures just dont do that justice.
And then I gingerly turn the pages of the album.The edges now wrinkled and yellow with time.
And I see pictures of recent times, where there are bright, happy(and sometimes tired!)eyes and a fiery smile lighting up the frame. No more clawing fists, bleeding lips and bruised souls. Pictures,wherein Time seems to stand still just for a moment to quietly absorb the calm.
Do pictures really speak a thousand words? I dunno.. The G says my eyes certainly do.. :-)

Anyway, so last night I got playing. Its a fun game. Here are the rules :

1. Type your answer to each of the questions below into Flickr Search.

2. Using only the first page of results, and pick one image.

3. Copy and paste each of the URLs for the images into Big Huge Lab’s Mosaic Maker to create a mosaic of the picture answers.

The questions:

1. What is your first name?

2. What is your favorite food? right now?

3. What high school did you go to?

4. What is your favorite color?

5. Who is your celebrity crush?

6. What is your favorite drink?

7. What is your dream vacation?

8. What is your favorite dessert?

9. What do you want to be when you grow up?

10. What do you love most in life?

11. What is one word that describes you?

12. What is your user name?

The mosaic of pics you see on the top of this post, is the result I got. Cant help thinking.
My Life is Beautiful. And yours?
Feel free to try this out...

6 comments:

D said...

I've seen this mosaic thing on other blogs, but nowhere has it been preceded by such lovely words!

Mira's mom said...

Hey, lovely post! And now that we know about your eyes, WE NEED SOME PICTURES! :-)

Mira's mom said...

Hey, looks like blogger has eaten away my comment. Just wanted to say - lovely post! Keep writing.

Anonymous said...

I have been following your beautiful life on this blog. Keep blogging about your beautiful adventures! They are very interesting. I think we have another Jhumpa Lahiri in the making!

Anonymous said...

D : Thanks a ton :)

Mira`s Mom: Can we have some of yours,first? :) C`mon be a good girl! :)

Anonymous : Hey Jhumpa Lahiri huh??!!!! :)
I have a long way to go, but thanks a lot for the encouragement! :)

Unknown said...

loved it tried it and have used the result as my profile pic