Tuesday, July 22, 2008

5 Weird Things about Me..

1. I cant sit still at one place for more than a few minutes! That is so not me. I get restless and fidgety if I have to sit still for long - no matter where I am...!! Could be at a coffee shop or at someone`s place. Or even the loo! Which could be a blessing in disguise, when I`m visiting friends who have a single loo at home, with 10 other people who want to detoxify their bodies synchronously in the morning times! I take the least amount of time.Sitting on the throne and pondering over life`s issues is soooooooo not me!
Meal times however become a huge issue for us. The G believes in sitting for hours at the dining table, chatting up bull. While I normally gulp down food in a matter of seconds! Then I get up and pace the length of the dining room after every 10 minutes, even during *serious* conversations, which drives The G mad!

2. I am paranoid abt my hair! As in, I have to keep looking in a mirror to see if its in place! And lo and behold! It never is! Hence I go back again and again, to ensure tht the unwieldy strands are tucked behind the ears, just where I want them to be! It drives my folks crazy!

3.I once finished a whole 2 pounds chocolate fudge cake by myself! First ate half of it. Then after The G`s stern looks of disapproval, I managed to keep my desires(and fingers!) in check - limited only to opening the fridge door and salivating! But desires sometimes just dont play dead,even when you`re genuinely willing them to! The next day, the cake was gone - all of it - in small slices of course.
Nah! That`s not the wierd part.
After the initial high (pbly because of the glucose!) came an overwhelming sense of dread. The G would be back in 2 hours. So I hurriedly biked down 2 blocks in the afternoon sun, bought another chocolate cake and finished half of it - just so The G wouldnt suspect. He Did of course! :)

4. I worry to pathalogical proportions, when I have to travel. I want to reach the airport 3 hours in advance, so I`m there when the previous flight is boarding! Standing in the long lines at security check,biting nails and cursing the traffic and wondering if I`m going to make it to the flight, is so not my deal! I always reach 3 hours , mostly 4 before schedule! :-) Thankfully, both Dad as well as The G are in agreement on this one!

5. I cant hold onto one train of thought for long. I switch between topics with the speed of light and most people dont follow the track of my conversations. Almost like a mad man changing lanes to and fro at 70 mph like his arse is on fire!
(We always encounter a couple of those on our way to the U. Have you guys ever had any such experience?)
The G stacks up topics in his imaginary shelves as we scoot across varied topics in succession, takes them out one after the other to get the conversation back on track!

6. I know, I know I said '5 weird things about me' - but I have to mention this.

I am as vain as they come! Seriously! I was browsing over various people`s "10 weird things about me" lists and their humourous variations thereof. And I started thinking about what I would put down. It took me a 'laaaaaaaaaaannngggg' time to get down to 5 of them! Turns out, I couldnt think of any!
So either I`m an uninteresting, middle-aged housewife(do they use the term anymore??) with grey hair and a grey life, who doesnt have 10 weird things about her!
Or I think I`m The Queen of Sheeba and am just too vain to acknowledge any! :-)

6 comments:

surbhi said...

Haha - i think five will do for now :)
I was so nodding my head reading through the first weird thing, until I read the word 'loo'! I've taken many a crucial decisions while 'sitting on the throne and pondering life's issues', so I differ with you on this one :)

Mira's mom said...

Ok - now the chocholate bit was REALLY weird! :-)

Mystic Margarita said...

Ditto about the worrying bit! :) Loved the cake incident..lol!

Anonymous said...

NC: ok confession! I actually did think of 5 more! In a later post maybe :)

Mira`s Mom : cmon, cudnt be 'tht' weird! dont tell me you have indulged yrself in something similar? ice cream maybe huh? tell,tell!

Mystic M : what abt the hair one? doesnt anybody else have a fixation abt tht? :-))

Unknown said...

Grey hair, Grey and uninteresting life... not really for you have another grey haired middle aged housewife hooked onto whats happening in your life ...unless come to think of it, my life is greyer and more uninteresting than yours.

Sunshine said...

I was totally nodding at no 3! LOL!!! :D