Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Blogs

For quite some time now,I have been thinking about blogging on a more regular note and not just write a prose or a short story once in a couple of months. But it has just not been possible. Not because I have been insanely busy or anything. I mean,that too. But everyday as I religiously sit with the laptop, facing a blank page - I wait for some grand idea to pop in my head,so I can jump up,shout “Eureka!” and start writing! It never happens. So today I decided to just start writing about my life. Just how I spend my days. My thoughts. The events that occur through the day. The troubles I get into. The tears I shed and the laughter I share.You know,little things like that. And see,if I can manage to make an interesting blog,for people to read.

Some of the blogs I read,are those of new mothers and old ones.Working Moms and full-time ones. They all write about their lil ones. How exasperating it can get at times and how they sometimes want to fling their lil wildcats out of the window.The guilt they feel about not being able to spend enough time with the kids. But how,at the end of the day, a lil goodnight hug or a funny word or two from them, can so totally make the whole exercise of parenting oh so worth their while. I love reading these Mommy blogs. They almost tame me into wanting to experience these lil joys of motherhood myself!

Sometimes I read blogs of 20-something single women, waltzing their way through life. It reminds me of my own time in the past and the wild and free bird that I was. Some of them are vocal to the point of rudeness while some more timid. But all like to speak their minds out to the world. And why not? Its their own space in the blogosphere and no one else has a right to that. I love reading these blogs. Sometimes I even post a comment, only to have them deleted(??!!). And I wonder to myself. Are the youngsters of today a lil less tolerant than how we were? Cannot really generalize – because its not that I`m a generation gap older or something! Hey, I`m a youngster as well J

Then what can the reason be? For someone to erase my comments, when I take meticulous care to phrase every line to sound just right and polite? It bothers me, but then that’s my problem. It puzzles me because I would love people to read what I`m writing and comment on that. Not rude,insensitive or anonymous ones. But yeah, comments in a more civilized format and NOT necessarily agreeing with what I`m saying.

So anyway, I spend a large chunk of the day,reading a lot of interesting blogs. It amazes me and makes me think. I love getting to know all these bloggers,through their posts. I love knowing their opinions on various aspects of life. And it makes me want to blog some more…

But sometimes it’s a lil distressing because I don’t really have a happening life like any of these fellow bloggers. I don’t have kids. I don’t work. I`m at home all day,reading other people`s blogs! So what can I possibly write about. Well, we`ll see…

More tomorrow.

1 comment:

RaisingT said...

hey.. i've been meaning to write to you forever now.. so sweet of you to mention my blog in your earlier post.. I was out for a while and now going out again tomorrow.. will get more regular with my blog when I get back.. you take care and keep writing.. I'm intrested :)
and who deleted ur comment??