Thursday, March 22, 2007

Something that I`d writtten when i was single and by myself..

I`ve been around for some time now - 28 years to be precise. At times being dragged. But mostly,I have been running alongside the wagon they call Life, trying to lose unwanted load as i ran along. You see, that makes running easier.
Strange as it may sound to people who know me - being the bold , outgoing , outspoken person I am - I have no friends. Colleagues plenty. Acquaintances few. Relatives plenty, 'well-meaning' ones few.
Am i a loner then? Yes, of sorts..
I dont go out of my way to make friends. Never have. never tried to be popular. Never was :-)
I have been content living my life on my own terms and doing my own thing - always.
People say its a crazy way to live. But that`s the only way i know. Or none at all...
Oh, like most women, I`ve been through a fair share of upheavels in my life - some trivial enough for me to forget. Some more profound than I ever thought I was capable of handling. But in the end, I have come out fine - alive and still running..
I`ve also had my share of relationships - too meaningless and trivial to still reminisce. And now, there are no emotinal confrontations. For once, there is this detachment which gives me space to breathe.
Sometimes the loneliness in there seems large and looming and i almost want to walk away from all that space.. But i choose to continue. Because for once, I am happy...
I have always considered myself to be a New-Age Woman. Most people are scared of the New-Age Woman. She is single and opinionated. She earns more than most men. She swears. She works hard and likes to party harder. And she doesnt care for what the world thinks of her. I think I am a New-Age Woman :-)

... to be contd in another blog..

2 comments:

Trishna Chaudhuri said...

hi... thanks for visiting my blog...
I read this post.... and well kinda liked the person you seem to be...
write more... and visit me often..

Radhika said...

I think this was good..reminds me so much of myself. I like you already!!