Friday, March 30, 2007

CONTD..

Well, so that was that. Let the records show that, that was the first and the last of the 'mush' that The Goltin ever said to me. Well, better 'said' than never,I suppose.
We got married three days later.
The Goltin has a pathological fear of any kind of emotional display. He wouldnt ever dream of taking me out for a romantic candle-light dinner or meet up for a date with a rose in his teeth and all that - well..ahem! not even in his wildest flights of fantasy.
But I suppose I could expect him to plan a road-trip to Colorado or sit and work at a coffee shop on Thursdays so I could join him too or simply come back home early from work on a rainy day just to sit by the window and read a good book together..
And ofcourse, I can also expect him, NEVER to walk away in embarrassment, disgust or even plain disbelief,when I`m out being myself in public :-)
Like the time, he came over and put an arm over my shoulders by way of support, when, I, in all my sophistication,had said to the much bewildered waitress at the counter , " HERE on vacation, WILL GO back later" , when asked the 'now-understood' question.
(here or to go??!!!! why cant they simply ask 'parcel?' like they do back home)..
My life`s changed ever since I met The Goltin.. He makes me want to be a better person..

3 comments:

Life Of A Domestic Diva said...

Hehe :-) yeah it's quite confusing at first when they ask that question isn't it.

Sujata Bardhan said...

Dear sunshine,
your blogs makes my eyes "namkeen"...they r so much from the heart...keep penning...I am waiting for more..especially the GOLTIN episodes

Sujata Bardhan said...

OKay so srean read your blog and said:
Sreangsu: "goltin! sweet!!!!antu'r chehara ekhon GOL tin'er moto hoyechhe naki"?

I have never ever heard srean say "sweet"..Mish u are in his favorite's book now